Planning a trip with my 19 y/o daughter and 60 ish parents end of May to Sicily. I'm a little worried that our relatively active family might not have enough to do. It will be my daughters first trip to Italy, and Sicily is on the retired parents bucket list so I'm anxious about making sure its a good trip. I'm looking for some suggestions on an American style hotel, any organized tours that would be fun and informative, as well as a few off the beaten track day trips. On these vacations I like to mix up the local culture with the comforts so that I don't get complaints. Thoughts? The budget is pretty open at this point, but we are locked in to the middle two weeks of May. We will likely fly in and out of Rome, so adding a day two to each end there is also any option. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. And let me know what additional info would be helpful in giving advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rail vs. Plane
- 2 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 Self Drive UK tour
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Where to See Flamenco
- 8 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 11 2 week May trip with kids
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Paris November 2017
- 14 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 15 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 16 New Years in France
- 17 Easter Week in Italy
- 18 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 21 Which Aran Island??
- 22 Spain or Portugal
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 25 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please