Best place to buy biscotti in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! I would like to bring back a decent size bag of biscotti for a trip photo viewing party(so hopefully it would keep a couple of weeks ago) from Rome. We are staying in the Pantheon area, but can walk a little ways. Unfortunately our last day of our trip is tomorrow, but it is so widely sold it's hard to know where to buy it so you get some good biscotti One option is Campo de Fiori's market, maybe? Any last minute recommendations would be great! Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 19th, 2015, 08:52 AM

My first thought is to say Boccione in the Portico d'Ottavia, but I don't know if they are open on Sundays. But I would definitely head for the Jewish Ghetto and the Campo de'Fiori in the morning to see what might be open.

If you do find something open, you might not find that the biscotti are sold cellophane wrapped, but simply parceled out into bags and weighed -- which means you will need to figure out how to get them back home.

As a last resort, many supermarkets in Rome will be open Sunday mornings, and there are also food stores at the airport. If it comes to that, I would look for biscotti from Tuscany rather than Rome.
Old Sep 19th, 2015, 08:55 AM

You're in luck, I think. According to Google, Boccione is open on Sundays 7am-7pm.
Old Sep 19th, 2015, 09:55 PM

Boccione is open sundays but not that long. Also, the biscotti types they sell won't hold for long. I suggest buying a slice of ricotta sour cherry cake there for immediate consumption and then walking the few steps over to "mondo di laura" for all kinds of lovely biscotti (using the term loosely here, i mean cookies) that can keep and travel well.