I am heading to Sicily (FINALLY!!) this September.
We are looking to leave US on Sept 11 and arrive in Sicily on Sept 12
We will be leaving Sicily September 21st.
I need to arrange two days somewhere in there to visit family and do some genealogy in Agrigento region (I will be staying in Cianciana and driving to San Biagio Platani & Santo Stefano di Q)
So beyond those two days I want to see the different regions if possible.
We will have a car.
We were thinking Fly in, Palermo day 1 & Rent car.
Day two, head to Agrigento for the 2 days.
Taormina with Etna for 2 or 3 days?
Siracusa 2 days?
Head back to Palermo for last day and see what we didn't get a chance to see on day 1 and then fly out?
If this too far spread out or is the island small enough to be able to drive it and get full days in?
I am so confused on how to set this up.
I prefer smaller towns to huge ones. We would love to see a beach, walk the streets and get lost, eat amazing food, etc..
We went to Rome/Florence/Venice last year. We were head over heels in Florence and Tuscany. Loved roaming. Really didn't enjoy Venice as it was too touristy.
So I was worried if Taormina would be at that level of tourists. I hear Sept the crowds die down but wasn't sure so early in the month.
Help is appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 2 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 3 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 7 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 8 Best Greek Island
- 9 Scooter/quad/bike rental on Greek Islands
- 10 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 11 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 12 Help Getting from Faro to Lisbon
- 13 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 14 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 15 Mediterranean princess cruise
- 16 Copenhagen, Stockholm & Bergen April 2018
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 19 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 20 Highway Death Rates in Europe Now Fewer than in U.S...
- 21 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 22 The World's Greatest Churches
- 23 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 24 Recommendations for 3 night golf package in the ALgarve
- 25 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017