We're sailing around the Aegadian islands for a week in August and then have 6 days to spend on the mainland before taking a ferry from Palermo.
Neither of us have been to Sicily before so any advice on an itin would be much appreciated. We don't want to try to do too much, as I'm sure we'll be back another time!
My initial thoughts were either:
2 nights Palemo/3 nights Taormina (doing Etna from there)/1 night Cefalu and popping to Monrele before taking the overnight ferry.
2 nights Palermo/2 nights Taormina/2 nights Siracusa (Ortigia)- but I suspect that is trying to do too much.
For this trip we'd like a bit of culture but more R and R and just soaking it all up. I'm pregnant so may not feel like long days walking around ruins, hence thinking we should maybe save Siracusa for next time.
Any thoughts much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 2 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 3 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 4 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 5 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Transportation in Brittany
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 Trains - website?
- 15 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 16 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 17 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 18 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 19 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 22 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 23 Paris Apartment
- 24 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 25 Milan airport--which one
Sicily mainland - advice on a 6 night itinerary out of Palermo