I decided to start a new thread now that I am pretty much set on Sicily. I hope that's ok etiquette for this forum! Now that we know we want to go Sicily, we are trying to figure out the itinerary. We want to maximize natural beauty, outdoor activities, and relaxation. Not as interested in ruins/museums. I am very interested in seeing the Aeolians, but am worried we may not have enough time, so I would love your thoughts on the following itinerary:
Fly into Catania
Ferry to Salina that day, if possible
3 nights in Salina
2 nights in Taormina
1 night in Modica
3 nights near Agrigento (we want to relax in the countryside, maybe take a cooking class at Azienda Agricola Mandranova)
then fly out of Catania, maybe spending one additional night there if necessary.
How does this look to you? It seems the driving distances are not very long so I am not too worried, but I wonder if it is enough time for Taormina. What about the feasibility of catching a ferry to Salina the first day? We will be there in mid-September. Thanks for any and all help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 2 Tips for first trip to UK
- 3 land vs river cruise
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 6 Where to stay in Naples?
- 7 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 10 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 11 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 12 Browsing Barcelona
- 13 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 14 Malaga Christmas lights
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Croatia in mid/late October
- 17 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 18 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 19 Help with Venice Trip?
- 20 Dubrovnik
- 21 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 22 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 23 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 24 Norte Dame light show!
- 25 Where to Eat in Barcelona