I had planned to visit Sicily for my first time ever in September, but I would have more time to spend if I go in October. I have consulted a few guidebooks, but I'd rather get information from people who can answer my specific question:
If I visit Sicily in early-to-mid- October, will it still be warm enough to visit a beach - preferably near Palermo - and swim? (I'm not spending the whole week on the beach, but I have always wanted to swim in the Mediterranean). I am used to New York beaches where the water is pretty cold even in summer, and always murky. Swimming in relatively clear blue water is something I very much want to experience.
Also, if anyone has any recommendations for good, (preferably sandy) beaches within easy commuting distance of Palermo, that would be most appreciated.
Thank you for any feedback you can give me. This is a dream vacation for me (I've never been out of the USA, and my family on my late Father's side is Italian), and the swimming is an essential element of it.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 3 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 4 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 5 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 6 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 9 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 10 beware of robbed in Milan
- 11 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 12 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 13 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler