We have decided to spend our summer holiday in Sicily. We were considering Crete (and to a lesser extent, Sardinia), but Sicily has everything we are looking for.
We are flying into Palermo and we have to decide how to spend our 18 days. How much time do we allocate to Palermo? Do we try and see much of the island or concentrate on one area (eastern or western)? We would also like to allocate a few days to the Aeolian islands, if you think they are worth it. There seems to be so much to see that we do not even know where to start.
We are a family of four (my husband and I and our two boys, ages 17 and 19) and we all enjoy culture, medieval towns, history and historic sites we and also want to have a few days of relaxation at a beautiful beach or two. We have travelled to many parts of Italy over the last few years and are very excited to now plan our trip to Sicily.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Milan airport--which one
- 10 New fast track
- 11 Packing Champagne
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 london or amsterdam
- 21 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 25 1 month destination for young family