We will be travelling to Sicily for a week in July. We would like to stay on the western side and we hope to have a car. We will be arriving at the Palermo airport and we were considering staying in Palermo as a home base for 3 or 4 days and then move on to Trapani for 3 or 4 days. We would like to visit Palermo, Cefalu and Agrigento as well as Erice and Marsala. However, I heard it's a nightmare to have a car in Palermo so I'm not sure whether we need a car or should we use the bus? Any suggestions for home bases or a plan for us?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which Aran Island??
- 2 Getting to FCO from Rome
- 3 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 4 Rome Hotel
- 5 Santa Maria Novella products??
- 6 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 7 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 8 New Years in France
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 11 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 12 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 13 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 14 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 15 Trains - website?
- 16 US dairy vs European Dairy
- 17 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 18 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 19 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 20 Drive from Paris to Mont St Michael
- 21 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 22 Order of Amalfi visit in October
- 23 "Occupied" TV series: On location in Oslo
- 24 Room in Boppard with a Rhine view
- 25 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor