Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Should try to be at ?? in?? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/should-try-to-be-at-in-47127/)

Jennifer Diaz Jun 24th, 1999 12:04 PM

Should try to be at ?? in??

What are some should try to be at in around the world? For example, Christmas in Paris, African Safari during the migration, Running of the Bulls in Pamplona,etc.....

Bly Jun 24th, 1999 02:31 PM

How about Germany-Oktoberfest, Rio/New Orleans for Mardi Gras? <BR>

D.B. Jun 24th, 1999 10:04 PM

Should try to be at Disney on July 4th. <BR> <BR>Should NOT be at San Juan Capistrano during the pidgeon season -- BB guns excepted. <BR> <BR>On judgement day, everyone should meet with Monica at the centre of the universe. <BR> <BR>... home on Mother's Day. <BR>

Monica Richards Jun 25th, 1999 09:12 AM

With all due respect, I believe that's SWALLOWS, not pigeons, in San Juan Capistrano. :)

D.B. Jun 25th, 1999 02:05 PM

Are you saying there are no pigeons in Capistrano? The next thing you know, Tony will be telling us there are no snakes in Scotland! :&gt;(

leechase Jun 25th, 1999 05:25 PM

<BR>How about St Patrick's Day in Ireland? <BR>Lee

David Jun 26th, 1999 12:06 AM

Sydney for the Olympics

Jennifer Diaz Jun 30th, 1999 11:50 AM

I am looking for positive suggestions such as Bly's. Leechase's and David's. Take the fighting somewhere else other than the travel forum please.

wes fowler Jun 30th, 1999 11:58 AM

Jennifer, <BR>The Vienna Philharmonic's concert of Strauss' waltzes and polkas on New Years eve in Vienna.

Dave Jun 30th, 1999 12:06 PM

The catacombs on Halloween (even though *they* do not celebrete Halloween there) I think would be a 'kick'. <BR> <BR>VJ Day in London. <BR> <BR>Normandy on June 6th.

s.fowler Jun 30th, 1999 01:36 PM

Oh yes wes! <BR>I've been dreaming of that for *years*. But a dream it is likely to remain. <BR> <BR>How about Monet's Giverny when all the purple irises are in bloom. [The horticulturalists on the forum can tell us when that is likely to be...} <BR>

Cheryl Z. Jun 30th, 1999 02:13 PM

<BR>How about spring in Holland when the tulips are blooming?

D.B. Jun 30th, 1999 08:13 PM

Scotland on St. Patrick's day. <BR> <BR>Someone needs to buy a sense of humor ($5.95 at Walmart) ...you have something against Mother's Day? <BR> <BR>Victoria, B.C. on ...that's right, Victoria Day. <BR> <BR>Wes: May Day on the Danube, floating to the sounds of Strauss (II or I, nicht Ricardo). <BR>

Jennifer Diaz Jul 2nd, 1999 09:19 AM

Nothing agianst Mother's day. Any more must be at?? in?

fran Jul 2nd, 1999 11:09 AM

<BR>Was just in ALaska however, too early for the salmon running in order to see the bears.

Richard Jul 2nd, 1999 02:32 PM

Jennifer, The only two things I ever planned to be at were in 1984 when I took my kids to Europe. I thought Christmas in London would be magic and New Years Eve in Munich a blast. Both were awful, London was totally shut down and all the beer halls in Munich were closed for private parties. What was great on this trip was our drive to Berlin, through East Germany, arriving in Berlin, seeing the wall and taking the S-bahn to East Berlin. My wife and I have found our best memories involved serendipity; a country carnival in France, a beatification ceremony at the Vatican, an Italian version of a firemen's carnival in Monterosso, a kid's bicycle race through the streets of Ponte Tresa and finding out there was a wine festival going on, a band and dancing in the street (wife, not me).

Martha B Jul 2nd, 1999 10:59 PM

Horta, Ilha do Fayal, the Azores, in late June/early July when the transatlantic yachts are arriving. But to get into the spirit, you really have to arrive by boat. <BR>

topper Jul 4th, 1999 03:28 AM

!