Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Should I request a certain room at the Le Regent (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/should-i-request-a-certain-room-at-the-le-regent-198916/)

Susan Apr 13th, 2002 06:03 PM

Should I request a certain room at the Le Regent

Has anyone stayed in a specific room at the Le Regent that I could request. Are there any specifics that I could ask for that would help me to get one of the nicer rooms?

Patrick Apr 13th, 2002 06:51 PM

All of the deluxe rooms are nearly identical. All will face the street with two nice large double glazed windows. All will be nicely furnished. And all will have very similar bathrooms. Unless you have a real thing for a certain color ("could I have the peach room?" or "could I have the yellow room") it really makes no difference. There is no real view, either, so how high up you are really doesn't mean anything. The only rule is, if you want one of the nicer rooms you must reserve a deluxe room, not a standard one.

lisa Jun 7th, 2002 11:32 AM

Having just returned, I can report that the rooms at Le Regent do vary quite a bit, not only in size, but also in decor. We reserved a standard (small room) and were first shown to a room on the 4th floor (43?) which was quite unattractive. It had pink and green wallpaper, carpet that looked old, and smelled kind of musty. When I went down to the desk and asked if they had other rooms, I was given a key to room 24 and told we could take our pick. Room 24, while the same price and about the same size (tiny) and facing the same courtyard, was much nicer, looked as if it had been redone more recently, and had a lovely marble bathroom. My advice would be to arrive early in the day, and if you don't like the room you're given, ask if you can see any others that are available.

a Jun 7th, 2002 11:24 PM

yes.

Sherry Jun 8th, 2002 07:18 AM

We were in room 16, I believe. It faced some sort of courtyard as Lisa describes.<BR>Very nicely appointed but tiny. Nice marble bathroom, but also small.<BR>We looked into a larger front room as Patrick describes. It was much bigger and very nice. But, it didn't seem to be any cleaner than ours. It did have more furniture and the two windows. Ours only had one window.<BR>Our furniture was very nice, looked newer. The walls had very nice wallpaper. It was just a little small.<BR>

sharon Jun 8th, 2002 10:36 AM

Just curious. Are you saying your room wasn't clean? You mention that the front room wasn't any cleaner than yours. If your room was clean, how could the other room be "cleaner"? A room is either clean or not clean, in my opinion.<BR>If you are saying your room wasn't clean, then I'm surprised, because everyone else mentions that Le Regent has clean rooms.

lisa Jun 10th, 2002 09:29 AM

Our room was spotlessly clean.<BR><BR>By the way, be specific when you reserve about whether you want a large (double) bed or two single beds.

Sherry Jun 10th, 2002 09:52 AM

Sorry Sharon. Just reread my post and it didn't come out quite as I meant.<BR>I meant the quality of the rooms were the same. They were both clean, both had very nice furniture and generally equal in everything except that one was a lot larger.<BR>It was a poor choice of words initially. The hotel is very nice. I would stay there again without a second thought.