Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Short Trips to Europe anyone know some good websites? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/short-trips-to-europe-anyone-know-some-good-websites-724261/)

aucho53 Jul 27th, 2007 10:10 AM

Short Trips to Europe anyone know some good websites?

Hey guys,

I've used up the majority of my vacation time for this year however, I was wondering if anyone knew of some good sites (which have canadian cities as possible departure cities) where I could look into some quick trips to maybe Prague or Budapest...actually anywhere really lol!

If anyone has any suggestions I'd love a quick 5-6 day trip maybe sometime in the fall.

Thanks a bunch!

Layla %%-

sandi_travelnut Jul 27th, 2007 10:15 AM

So are you wanting airline information or tour info..hotel, what exactly? You would look on the same websites as you would for a longer vacation...I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

Have you been to Paris? Our first visit to Paris was a quick trip. We had 5 full days and 1 travel day. We saw a lot and walked everywhere, had a fabulous time.

Give us more info on where you've been or what really interests you.

rex Jul 27th, 2007 10:43 AM

www.visitbritain.com

Biting off five days' worth at a time, this should give you ideas good through about... oh, say... 2099.

All very accessible from Canadian cities. And cities in every other country in the world as well.

Best wishes,

Rex

sara_qc Jul 27th, 2007 11:42 AM

Try www.austrianair-vacations.com

janisj Jul 27th, 2007 11:58 AM

I'm w/ sandi_travelnut. Don't quite get the gist of your question. I use the same sites/books/resources for short trips as for long trips . . . . . .

sara_qc Jul 27th, 2007 03:56 PM

Three of us (from Montreal, Toronto and from Seattle) spent 4 days in Barcelona - 5 nights away from home.
Air France - via CDG. Had a great time.
Another trip was to Prague and Vienna. Go to
www.tatratravel.com - their brochure will give you many choices.
Have you googled Air Transat and Zoom
Airlines for trips to Europe?

Suspaul Jul 27th, 2007 04:14 PM

Take a look at go-today.com, I've used them for a trip to Prague and was very satisfied. Only took the air and hotel option, no tours or anything like that.
Susan

GSteed Jul 28th, 2007 05:19 AM

Use 'search' Type in any city and country and you will get more information than you can process. Try refining the search..'Paris, France, Museums', 'London, England, Thames River Trips'.

suze Jul 28th, 2007 08:04 AM

Are you looking for a packaged tour deal, or just airfare?

aucho53 Jul 30th, 2007 03:53 PM

Hey everyone,

thanks so much for the info, I will use all the suggestions.

I just wanted to clear up my post so that everyone understands what I'm asking. I have heard of certain sites that specialize in offering specials on short package trips (hotel and airfare). I was just wondering if anyone knew of any sites that are good for booking such a thing.

I know Expedia and Travelocity are booking sites, but I was looking for ones that specialize in quick packages to Europe.

Thanks again everyone!!

Layla %%-