I will be attending a conference for a week in Riva del Garda in mid October. I am student on low budget. I am planning to stay 2 days extra for local sightseeing. Apart from this place, I am confused about which places to visit. I heard so much about Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Leaning Tower (Pisa), Alps, Amalfi Coast etc. that I find it difficult to choose 1-2 of them for a short trip. Just based on the map and the direction of travel, I thought that starting from Riva del Garda, I can visit Florence, Pisa, Rome and catch the flight back in Rome. Or may be I can skip Florence. Thought of spending 2 days each in one place. Is this a good plan? If I stay in hostels, eat at low cost places, what is the budget that I am looking at? 300 euros?
Should I pick alternate places that are nearby to Riva del Garda?
In general I like hiking, going to scenic places, greenery and don't mind walking around these historic places.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 X-mas Eve dinner in Rome
- 2 Spain in 2018
- 3 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 4 1st Birthday Party in Italy questions
- 5 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 6 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 7 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 8 Christmas week in Ireland
- 9 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 10 Which Aran Island??
- 11 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 12 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 15 Barcelona to Malaga
- 16 Honeymoon In Italy - Itinerary Help?
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Driving from Bouzies to Figeac
- 20 Rent in Rome
- 21 Rome Hotel
- 22 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 23 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 24 Moscow Hotels
- 25 Connecting trains in Chambery