Rome: Hotel Romano, opposite entrance to Forum. Clean, air conditioning and ceiling fan. Taverna dei Fori Imperiali, Via Madonna dei Monti 16 - family place. There is now an entrance fee to the Forum. No line at the Vatican Museums at 12:15 p.m. Thursday.
Pompeii: EnjoyRome shuttle. No cameo factory stops. Right amount of time at the site: 10:30 to 3:15.
Florence: B & B Peterson, 5 room guesthouse, friendly and clean, no breakfast. Ristorante Al Vecchio Carlino on Vialle Fratelli Rosselli - local favorite.
Castelfiorentino: Hotel Boscarecce (east of town, off the beaten path) Incredibly romantic and relaxing. Wonderful hostess, excellent restaurant. Call Susanna for directions. Within 1 to 1 1/2 hour of Florence, Lucca, Volterra, San Gimignano
Reservations thru Venere.com (great service), with recommendations from Ira and ParadiseLost!
Good surprises: cold water from Rome fountains. Easy to purchase train tickets at station kiosks.
Not so good surprise: Holiday Inn Rome-EUR Parco dei Medici. No food at hotel in afternoon. One mediocre restaurant across the street.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 3 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 4 2 week May trip with kids
- 5 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 6 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 7 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 8 Sleep at Heathrow
- 9 Rail vs. Plane
- 10 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 11 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 12 Paris November 2017
- 13 Self Drive UK tour
- 14 Where to See Flamenco
- 15 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 16 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 17 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 18 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 19 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 20 Airport Transfer
- 21 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 22 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 23 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy