Short stay in Paris

Old Jul 7th, 1997, 06:06 PM
Lynda

Short stay in Paris

Three of us will be in Paris in early September. We are looking for a nice (not too expensive) hotel within walking distance of most tourist locations. We will only be in Paris three days and would like some suggestions as to what to see, where to eat and a place to stay. Have never been to Paris before.

Old Jul 7th, 1997, 07:41 PM
Tricia

Hi, There was an interesting discussion on where to stay in Paris on 7/3, "Interesting places to stay in Paris" was the title I think. Neal has quite a bit of experience there and his suggestions can same you time, especially with only 3 days.

Old Jul 8th, 1997, 11:07 AM
Yvonne

Tricia,

You seem to be very helpful (I've read two of your postins, so far), perhaps you can help me. Who is Neal and where do I find his suggestions? I want to visit Paris this December and am assembling as much data as I can before attempting to select a hotel.

Old Jul 10th, 1997, 04:45 AM
greg

We are staying at the Hotel de Nice, 42bis rue de Rivoli, in octobre. Although we have not stayed there before, it has been highly recommended by more than one friend/acquaintance. About Ff450 for a double. In my opinion, an excellent location, tout pres de l'hotel de ville, just across from Ile de la Cite (Notre Dame, Conciergerie, La St Chappelle), and near to the Marais, Pompidou centre etc. It's also on a direct metro line to Louvre, Pl de la Concorde, Champs Elysees, Arc, La Defense etc.

By the way, 3 days is not enough!

Old Jul 10th, 1997, 05:52 AM
Joao MARTINS

For several years I've stayed in Hotel du Lys, 23, rue Serpente t.33-1-43.26.97.57 and I've enjoyed it very much. Is near Place Saint-Michel (close to the same underground station). Walking distance to : Ile de la Cité (Sainte Chapelle; Notre Dame); Institut du Monde Arabe; Louvre etc. Rooms are a little small but very quite and I've always been welcome as "un ami".