shopping near Milan

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 01:41 PM
marla

shopping near Milan

Does anyone know where there is an outlet mall consisting of high end goods close to Milan?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 05:12 AM
Alice Twain

You will find a list of outlets in Milano and nearby milano at http://www.milanoin.it/shopping/speciali/spacci/spacci.asp
Also, in Serravalle Scrivia there is the largest outlet of whle Europe. Serravalle in 50 minutes from Milano and 40 Minutes from Genova.
http://www.outletserravalle.it/

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Sunny

Alice,
Do you know how far these outlets are from Bellagio? And, how would one get there, back through Milan?

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Alice Twain

Well, you didn't say you were in Bellagio... Bellagio is quite far from Milano, so you might not find it ieasy to reach some of these places. For sure forget about Serravalle Scrivia. Some of the outlets in the other list might be closer, but you should get yourself a detailed map of Lomardy and check. praobabli from Bellagio the best thing you might do would be come to Milano and visit the outlets and stockhouses in the city. As you arrive, go to Duomo subway station, search for the information office and get yourself one public transportation map. Buy a one day ticket and use it fully to travel witn no restrictions for 24 hours and spend your money in the places you can reach by bus, tram and subway.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Sunny

Alice,
I wasn't the original poster. That was Marla. I have 3 different websites from which I printed from this board before I knew we were going to be in Bellagio instead of Milan.
They are: www.corrierre.it/speciali/outler/pop_foreighners.shtml
www.milanometropoli.com/grandimagazzini.htm & www.milanoin.it/shopping/speciali/spacci/spacci.asp
Would any of these be possible for a daytrip from Bellagio?

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 01:26 PM
ttt

to the top ...

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Alice Twain

Sunny, sorry I didn't see that the nicks were different.
Since the sites you refer to have lots of addresses listed, I think that the best thing to do would be checking the addresses with a map. Using a car would make a really huge difference: from Bellagio it won't be easy to travel northern Italy without a car and sometimes you would have to reach MIlano and than do a lot of backtracking. I am sorry I can't help you more, but beeing no driver nor living in the area I can be of little help.