Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > shopping in munich or vienna for evening dresses

shopping in munich or vienna for evening dresses

Jul 13th, 2000, 10:34 AM
alia soliman

shopping in munich or vienna for evening dresses

does anyone know where i can find elegant evening dresses in munich or vienna.

Jul 13th, 2000, 04:03 PM
nancy

Can't help you except by bringing this to the top.
try again.
Nancy

Jul 13th, 2000, 05:15 PM
Art

Can't help with specifics, but I remember that German women were amoung the most elegently dressed women in Euorpe and there are a lot of womans stores.

Jul 13th, 2000, 07:25 PM
Miriam

Hello Alia,
definetly! You have chosen one of
the best spots in Northern Europe for
shopping. I can`t help much regarding Vienna, but in Munich just hit the Maximilliansstrasse in the town center and stroll also along the surrounding areas. You`ll find local designers who are specialized in women`s evening dresses and all Haute Couture designers we all know. If you don`t want to spend too much just go to Uli Knecht or May&Edlich. Around the Marienplatz there are some good places as well, but I don`t remeber the names right now. On the Maximilliansstrasse you`ll find Ella Singh, a Frankfurt designer which is popular for a more extravagant style- but still wearable, not shocking. There`s also one of the most popular designers for evening dresses-All about Eve...
You are definetely at one of the best places in Europe to shop, because most of the big evening events in Germany are being held in Munich and a lot of celebreties live there.
Have fun and if you need adresses just ask

Miriam

Jul 16th, 2000, 07:15 AM
alia

hi, thanks everybody for the information and especially miriam. i wanted to ask u if u can tell me the ecsact adresses for these stores, that would be very useful since i am staying there for only a couple of days and have many things to see and do. thanx a lot

Search this Thread