Shopping in London - any bargains?

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:15 PM
Ade

Shopping in London - any bargains?

I'll be in London for the tail end of Harrods sale, but still not sure if I'll be able to afford anything. Does anybody have any other recommendations for shops in London w/neat clothes & accessories that won't break the bank? I'd love to come home w/a few new trendy outfits. Thanks!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Merilee

Try MK One on Queensway in the Baywater section...I think you'll find what you're looking for at bargain prices...the open air market on Petticoat Lane is another suggestion for clothes at bargain prices...it's only open on Sundays from 9:00AM-1:00PM.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:48 PM
ttt

ttttt

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 01:40 PM
Sonya

Hello Ade. We were in London just after Christmas and there were some very good sales so there may not be much left to choose from in winter wear as what they had was flying off of the shelves. My teens liked the area around oxford/regent street for shopping as there were several major stores to chose from with decent prices. We did not find anything at Harrods to be value priced but did get some good stuff we were happy with. Many of the stores in London have the same type of merchandise and in Europe this tends to
be lots of neutral colors with maybe red thrown in. My suggestions for trendy
is The Top Shop, Next, H&M and Miss Selfridge. We found prices there to be
more of a value. Hope this helps. Sonya

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Pat

Hi Ade,
If you don't mind resale clothes you can get fabulus deals on Chanel, Hermes, Versace, etc at any of the dress shops on Cheval Pl. It is about a three minute walk from Harrods, off of Brompton Rd.
These resale shops, such as Pandoras and Stelios sell only the best merchandise.
I've shopped there and have always been pleased, especially for accesories.
Have a great time.
Cheers,
Pat

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 07:02 PM
natalie

There are great stores called ZARA along all the big shopping areas. Their styles follow all the latest trends and the fabric quality is amazing also. It is almost worth it to go to London just to shop at those stores! I'm hooked and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. There are a few others that I can't remember the names, also along the shopping areas (Oxford St., near Leichester Square, etc.).