Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Still having problems, even after rebooting! Anyone else?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay...saw the thread for rebooting and even though I had rebooted several times yesterday when having the problem at which time it didn't work for me, it did work when I did it today. But, it only worked that one time. Just had to reboot again...obviously it has worked, but only for the general interest part. I still cannot get into the messages for the UK forum! Is anyone else still having issues with this, or am I the only one left? ;-)
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:37 PM

Me too and I've rebooted twice.

BTW, there is NO UK forum, just Europe. The listings for countrieds in the search field are only for searching, and then only good if the poster chose them.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:41 PM

Had a problem last night for the first time. Didn't reboot, just kept closing Explorer and reopening. About the 4th time - 10 min. - it worked again. Maybe it's not what we're doing but what Fodor's is doing (or not doing or something). Might be elapsed time, not anything we've done that makes it happen.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 02:44 PM

Mine seems to be fine after yesterday's reboot.

Try deleting your cookies (Tools, Internet Options, Delete Cookies

Try doing a disk cleanup - Start, Accessories, System Tools, Disk Cleanup

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 04:10 PM
vcl

Problem seems to be intermittent. If I just exit Windows for a couple of minutes, I seem to be able to get back to the forums.
But if I leave Fodors for another site, then come back, I have trouble accessing the forums.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 04:29 PM
MaureenB

Could it be Explorer? I know a lot of websites are no longer supporting that browser. Try downloading Firefox, or using Apple's Safari. I use the latter and have had no problems.

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 04:35 PM

Yesterday I tried both explorer and foxfire and they didn't work. I had it happen again one time this morning. It has to be Fodor's.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
lyb

I think it's Fodor's that is having the problem, not each of us all of a sudden having difficulties.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 04:56 PM

lyb, I agree, must be Fodors. I sent an e-mail to the address for web-site assistance, asking they post "why"....we'll see!
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 05:31 PM

Just a thought, do all of you receive "automatic updates" from MS? As I said, I rebooted and had no more problems. I have auto-updates turned on. Its possible that solved my problems.

If you don't, go to the MS site (Microsoft.com), chose MS Updates and let it do its thing.

You might want to do this anyway today, as there is a new "worm" out there that is quite nasty.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 06:02 PM

It seems that the fodors technical folk generally ignore questions, pleas for help and demands for answers.

Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:34 PM

I've got a Mac -- still had the problem accessing threads, but the reboot did help -- so far so good.
Fodors are not very helpful in explaining why -- maybe they will apologize for difficulties after they have fixed whatever it is that is going wrong.

Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:41 AM

ttt
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 10:46 AM
Neopolitan

All these threads are really confusing me. Normally it seems I'm the first to have problems here, but I haven't had a single problem that is being described and I've been on and off here a dozen times or more in the past few days. What's more I am having lots of current problems in my Los Angles rental with the wireless system and can't even seem to send emails through my usual Outlook Express although I can receive them. So why am I not having any Fodor's problems. Or is it like suggested -- are all the problems happening only to Mac users?

Old Sep 1st, 2006, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

LOL...I tried posting to this thread this morning and could not get it to go. Wound up having to start a whole other thread, so, I answered some of the suggestions in that one.

Had a few problems since, but, have been able to respond to *that* other one without having to reboot over the last few hours. Will be interesting to see if this posts. My second response that I typed at 6:35 this morning is actually showing in the list of responses to the left of me right now, but, right before I hit *respond to post* and went through all the responses first, it is not showing! Am I the only one not seeing that post of mine. Let me know okay...I'm just curious at this point!
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Ooooppppssss...almost forgot...I don't have a Mac.
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 01:46 PM

Rebooting is not an appropriate response to problems with this forum. You might as well just buy a new PC, which would be just as useless.