Reload this Page >

Shaw Park Plaza vs. Holborn Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 07:39 AM
lisa

Does anyone have any opinions on either of these two hotels? I am travelling to london in two weeks and am trying to decide between these two hotels - the Shaw Park Plaza is 99 pounds and the holborn is 119. Are the locations good for a first-timer and how are the hotels themselves? Also, I am considering booking them through hotel-assist.com - has anyone had a good experience with that organization? Thanks in advance for any advice...

Old Jul 31st, 2000, 11:07 AM
Jane

I've not stayed at either, but the Shaw Park Plaza is situated between Euston and Kings Cross which is just out of central London, and I'd be a bit wary of staying so close to Kings Cross. however, I do know that it's a recently built hotel so I should imagine it's very well furbished. I presume The Holborn is near Holborn station which is just by Bloomsbury - a much nicer area.

Old Feb 3rd, 2001, 11:13 AM
Gene

We have never been in London. Almost at random, we picked the Shaw Park Plaza for our 9-day Virgin-Atlantic vacation in May. Jane implies it's in a bad area. Can she--or anybody else--say any more about that? Can we safely use the Kings Cross tube station? Should we change hotels?

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Mary

Stayed at the Shaw Park Plaza last March with my pal and our two daughters aged 13. Experienced no difficulty whatsoever. Really lovely hotel and friendly staff. I thought the location was central enough....we were really close to Madame Tussauds and Regent's Park (London Zoo) which suited the girls. If there are a few of you do consider taking taxis... they work out just as cheaply as the tube and they really are one of the great pleasures of visiting London. I certainly wouldn't change hotel.

Old Jun 9th, 2001, 02:11 PM
z

<BR> <BR>Top