Reload this Page >

Shakespeare in London

Search

Shakespeare in London

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 09:14 AM
Chris Creed

Shakespeare in London

I am going to London in June and I want to make a reservation to see a Shakespeare performance in Hyde Park. I was told their is a great outdoor theater in Hyde Park (and not the Globe) but I can't seem to find any info about this theater. Anyone know?

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 09:51 AM
elaine

Try these websites for activities in London that might include the theatre in the park: <BR> <BR> <BR>www.whatson.com/ www.thisislondon.co.uk/ <BR>www.timeout.com/london/ <BR> <BR>www.usagateway.visitbritain.com/ British Tourist Authority <BR> <BR>http://londonguide.cjb.net <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 12:16 PM
Judy

What you're looking for is the Open Air Theatre in Regent's Park, London NW1 4NP <BR>Box Office 0171 486 2431 / 0171 486 1933 <BR>Currently showing are Twelfth Night and the Merry Wives of Windsor.

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 02:00 PM
Bridget

Hi, <BR>Do you have to buy tickets in advance or can you show up at the Open Air theater and buy these tickets the day of the performance? Or do you have to buy the tickets at a box office? I already have my tickets for the Globe (COmedy of Errors), but I LOVE Shakespeare and would love to see Twelfth Night... Thank you! <BR>Bridget

Old Jun 4th, 1999, 02:30 PM
Judy

Hi Bridget, <BR>We were in London last week and were told by the box office in Regent's Park that we could purchase tickets on the day of performance. (We didn't see a show however as there was a major rainstorm predicted.) Half-price tickets to the current day's show were also available at the Leicester Square ticket booth. However, both performances were still in previews so it's possible that performances may be more filled as time goes on (and the weather gets nicer). As you probably know, the theater is out of doors and performances are only cancelled if weather is very bad. I believe in that case, you can go at a later time to see the show.