Paris mid April- apt in Marais, any ideas for a 3 day trip out of Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I have just booked a last minute trip to Paris April 12-19....yeah! Haven't been there for at least ten years...stayed in studio on Rue Mouffetard near the market/cathedral (found it through this forum!) the last time and loved it but would like to try something new...thoughts...need a lift or just one floor to walk up, and wifi.......atmospherics would be nice but will probably not be spending much time there so don't need grand.
Also would like to get out of Paris for a few days...where to go for that amt of time?....have been to Loire Valley...going to Giverny for a day......where else? Enjoy food, scenery, exploring, driving but not too far. Any thoughts appreciated. Last minute trip (one day business meeting in the middle) so haven't had time to give it much thought but think I need to get us reservations and go from there.
Thanks!
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 08:48 AM

Our two favorite day trips have been to Auvers-sur-Oise and the Chateau Vaux-le-Vicomte.

The highlight at Auvers, where Van Gogh spent the last years of his life, and where he and his brother are interred, is the impressionist experience at the Auvers Chateau.

Vaux was the inspiration for Versailles, and it's history is fascinating to say the least.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 08:54 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
re your apartment in Paris . . . What is your budget?
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 09:15 AM

You can look at this thread to see a list of day trips you can make from Paris:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic....html#55885554
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 03:33 PM

I really enjoyed Auvers, also, as well as Chantilly and Auxerre and Reims, and of course, Fontainebleau. I wasn't wowed by Vaux-le-Vicomte, but it was okay. It's just one place to see, by contrast to day trips where you are visiting a whole town or several things. Yes, that one chateau was interesting, though, but that was it and it's more trouble to get to. I think Reims had the most to see in one place.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:11 PM

We loved this apartment ...
http://www.vrbo.com/79965
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:14 PM

Sorry, I meant to add what I wrote when we stayed there:
The apartment is near Place Des Vosges and was a great find. We would definitely stay there again!! The apartment sleeps 4 – a master bedroom with a Queen bed and two beds in the living room. It is equipped with lovely linen, has plenty of kitchen utensils, free WiFi and a “welcome pack” of fruit, chocolate, biscuits and soft drinks. One day Madame Jagou very kindly dropped off some French pastries for us too - yum! There is a bakery and a supermarket close by, the apartment is very quiet as it faces onto a courtyard, and it is well located to the metro – Chemin Vert is very close, although we often used to walk a couple of blocks further (still close by) to Bastille as it was a better connect line. There is also a bus stop almost out the front.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:34 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I took the train to Brussels for a day trip, had lunch , did, some shopping, saw a few sites.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Our budget is about $1500 US for 8 nights.
PRLCH that apt was not available but looks great, thanks.
Old Mar 30th, 2014, 09:51 PM

I think you may find that finding a nice apartment that is reasonably priced in central paris at this late date hard... they certainly exist.. I have booked them.. but I booked in jan for july..you are too close and can only hope for cancellations now for the good ones..

Plus since you really only plan to be in Paris what.. 4 days.. it seems it would be just as easy to book a hotel.
Old Mar 31st, 2014, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Decided to stay in Paris for the 8 days....just do day trips..... Trying airbnb...hoping to hear soon