Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Sevilla Hotels - Which would you choose - Hotel Amadeus or Casas de la Juderia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is one more preferrable, i.e. room size, atmosphere and location?

Anyone know if there is a website to contact Juderia directly or best web-site to book through?

Thanks for any help.

Tam

Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:18 AM
aj

Tam,

I could go on and on about the Amadeus but if you look up previous posts under Amadeus you will see I have! It is in a great location for walking to many sights, restaurants, etc. Our room was small, clean, colorful and I would stay there any time I got the chance.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 09:41 AM

www.casasypalacios.com is the official website for Casas de la Juderia.

I too have only stayed at the Amadeus and was very pleased. Rooms are not large, but have a/c and are quite attractive, and rates are lower than at Casas. The location is great.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:00 PM

for AJ and Leslie:
I have made a booking for 3 nights at the Amadeus (got back an email confirmation but no number). I wrote to ask a question about a taxi and was replied to by an anon email giving me the price information and telling me I needed to make a reservation. I explained the situation and wrote back, asking for a reservation number. I have already sent my credit card number etc. No reply. that was 2 days ago, so I'm thinking that person didn't understand very good english and am waiting for christina to answer back . She is very nice and fluent in english. Now for the question! Did either of you have a reservation number or just the confirming email?
And for Tam,
I've heard that they are both excellent places and well-located. The Amadeus is more in our price range. Good luck.
Carol
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:10 PM

Brahmama -

I received a reply from the Hotel Amadeus confirming my reservation, but no "reservation number" per se. (In fact, I have never received a reservation number from any small European hotel.)

They use both a computer and an actual reservation book, with hand-written notations in pencil. So I'm quite sure the reservations are tracked by name/date, and a number would not be a useful addition to their system.

I just walked out of the train station to the taxi stand and got into the next one in the line. Had the printout I'd brought along with the hotel's address, which I showed to the driver to make sure he'd understood my less-than-fluent Spanish and would get me to the right place.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 02:43 PM

I would definitely recommend La Casas de la Juderia! I stayed there and it is a special place. I can't really describe it in words - it's just a cool place! The rooms were nice, I think they even gave us robes and slippers as I recall. It's romantic (if that is what you are looking for) - have fun in Sevilla and be sure to have some sangria!
Joann
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:26 PM

I stayed at the Casa de la Juderia last October and was very impressed. They gave us a great map, which we needed! The rooms were suites and cost about $130.00. The whole place smelled wonderful. The patios and gardens were romantic and they did give you slippers and have terry robes for our use! Pretty nice for a 3star hotel!
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Lesli, I only wish the site was also in english....

Zwho & susjc - how did you book this hotel - I think I'm leaning toward it.

Thanks again.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 09:50 AM
aj

Tam,

We just had faxed information back and forth from the Amadeus. I just took the final fax saying they had a double room for us, the dates and quoted cost. This was enough. I did not ask for a specific room and there was not a reservation numer. This is a small hotel and only a few rooms which makes it nice in my book. They may not understand reservation number? In fact, I am not sure I do. I always just book directly with the hotel therefore I do not get a number but I always bring the faxed hotel information I receive from the hotel. One thing I always do is send a new fax to each hotel the week before I depart for my trip to make sure they are still holding a room for me. I am sure you will like the Amadeus.
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:21 AM

AJ - I think Tam is asking about booking w/Casas!

Tam - even though the site is in Spanish, it's pretty easy to navigate. Click on "Reservas on-line" and a form pops up which you just fill in. "Selection fecha" is obviously dates (remember Europeans do month first, then day, then year). Choose the type of room you want from the drop down list. Put a number in the boxes if you want breakfast (desayuno) and/or a parking space.

Once you've found out if they have availability, I'm certain you can e-mail them in English re any details/questions.

There are lots of reviews here in Rants & Raves, and also on tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Andalusia.html
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 10:47 AM
aj

Sorry!!! I guess I did not read as close as I should have!
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 11:03 AM

I think I just faxed in my request - this was a few years ago so I don't think they had a website at the time. I just did what Rick Steve's recommended - he has a standard form on his website that you could use.

http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/reserve.htm

hope this helps!
Joann

Old Jul 26th, 2003, 02:37 PM

Just back from Spain and Portugal. Stayed at Juderia in Seville .It is lovely. Atmosphere is charming. Has a piano bar between 5-6pm live music . The location is perfect and as it is just down the road from Amadeus the location of both is the same. Amadeus is an lane just up the road so the following applies to both- easy to get to the cathedral, restarants across the road and tapas bars on the way to the cathedral. We used to use the lane past Amadeus to get to Juderia. We went in to Amadeus to check it out. Reception area is very compact but well decorated ad looks nice, but Juderia had more ambiance. did not see rooms of Amadeus but I believe Amadeus is cheaper. Juderia has little courtyards with flowers and trees , a central courtyard which is really charming. I would not hesitate to stay there again. My kids even loved it and commented on its difference from the large hotel chains.I booked thro Asia Travel, got the cheapest rates from them,112 euros double including breakfast and taxes. Our room had a gorgeous marble bath separate shower and jacuzzi tub. My kids room was 2 single beds very well decorated as well. dock.
Old Jul 26th, 2003, 05:04 PM

Hi Tam, I emailed the hotel directly. The address I have on file is [email protected]. They confirmed back with an email which I printed out and that was that. Very easy. I did this about this time last year. Mary