Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Service who will make dinner Reservations for Paris Restaurants??

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:04 PM
Ted

I will be in Paris over Christmas & would like to have my dinner reservations made prior to my trip. I have heard that there may be a service that you contact & they will make all your dinner/theater reservations for you for a fee. I want to get this done due to being there over the holidays & I am sure places will book up soon. I am staying at George V & know they have a good concierge - but, I don't htink they will do all the reservations. Would like to get this done soon. Any suggestions?

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Try your hotel first. I had a 2-star (Familia) happily make 3 dinner reservations for us when I provided the request with details (phone numbers, times, dates, etc) via fax.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:51 PM
elaine

The concierge at the GEorge V will certainly make diner reservations, they do this every day. Fax them a list of the restaurants, with preferred dining times and dates, give them some alternatives, ask them to confirm with you.
When you check in they will reconfirm the restaurant reservations each day.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 02:10 PM
Ed

You may be quite confident the concierge at the George V will be quite helpful. Don't forget to tip him appropriately for his services during your visit.

Ed

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 08:09 PM
Sally

Try www.reservethebest.com
You can reserve restaurants, hotels,and chateaux in Paris, London or New York. I just made a reservation at Thoumieux, a very nice bistro in Paris. Actually we ate there in May, a very good dinner, delicious bean/duck/sausage cassoulet(sp). That is where we got the reservation info.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 08:47 PM
Kathy

I totally agree that you should ask your hotel to make all the reservations for you. Hotels will refuse to cancel reservations for you--you must do it yourself. I have had good and bad luck with the booking services, so I would really suggest you just either fax the restaurants yourself or ask your hotel to make the reservations. Have a great time.

Kathy

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 08:06 AM
s.fowler

I too have had mixed results with the reservation services in Paris. Another reason to use your concierge is that a hotel of the quality of the George V has a certain clout with restaurants.
My experience has been that a good hotel can often get a reservation when calling yourself will get a "no." It's good business for the restaurant to accomodate clients of the best hotels.