So I'm a huge soccer fan and was hoping to be able to catch a Serie A match while I'm in Italy on the following timeline:
Aug. 24-25: Milan
Aug. 26-28: Venice
Aug. 29-Sept. 1: Florence
Sept. 2-5: Rome
I won't be in country yet for the opening weekend on August 23. But we will be in Florence for the second round of matches, on Sunday, August 30. Unfortunately, both Fiore and Empoli are on the road. But there is an amazing matchup between Juventus and Roma at 7:45pm at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. I would love to go.
My question is: with current August 30 plans to just tour the Duomo in Florence and see Santa Croce and some other churches/walk around and get lost, is it feasible to grab a train down to Rome and catch this match? What time should I schedule my outbound and return trains? Also, keep in mind that I do have to return to Florence after the match for a pre-booked tour in Chianti the next morning, so I'd need a late night/early morning train from Rome to Florence following the match.
I know it sounds insane and draining, but this would be a highlight of the trip for me. Any suggestions welcome, and thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 2 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 3 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 4 Paris November 2017
- 5 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 6 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 7 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 8 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 9 Is the scenery in South Italy worth the trip by train
- 10 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 11 New Years in France
- 12 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 13 Help me with an affordable hotel in Barcelona
- 14 Italy: Hotels on the Amalfi Coast; Orvieto; Perugia; Florence; and Siena
- 15 Rome - Naples - Paestum - Salerno - Ravello Trip Report
- 16 Hip Pocket Wifi
- 17 Amalfi as a home base for the Amalfi Coast
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 20 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 21 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 24 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 25 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
Serie A - Juventus at Roma - take the train down from Florence?