Sept. Sun/Peace recs needed

Jul 3rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Original Poster

Sept. Sun/Peace recs needed

I could really use some feedback, please. I am quite surprised that it may be possible for me to go to Italy this September, my favorite time of year there.

It won't be a long trip, 9 days would be my preference, and I am looking for something easy, beautiful, and very weather sensitive.

We go to Italy every February/March on a combined business/pleasure trip, and I always wish it were possible to be there in September, when we could enjoy the sea or the lakes.

So, now I have the chance and I am completely stymied. I don't know where to go! I love Liguria, and have been to Santa Margherita 3 times, been to Portovenere, Cinque Terre, and more, and as much as I love the area, and would go back in a minute, I feel I ought to try someplace new.

I have been to Sorrento and Capri, but never the Amalfi Coast. I have been to Lake Garda, but that is my only lake (if you don't count the ones in Lazio and Umbria).

It has been a hard year: I want to plunk myself down in someplace gorgeous, that is not too difficult to get to from Rome.

We are on a budget, but since the trip is a short one I will be willing to spend up to 200 USD a night, but would prefer less. I prefer not to have a car, but it isn't out of the question.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Tante Grazie
Jul 4th, 2004, 07:48 AM
ira

Hi T,

Wee spent a very pleasant week in Praiano, on the AC.

See my trip report
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=34451044
Jul 4th, 2004, 11:26 AM

Two thoughts- Puglia, and the Marche; slightly off the beaten track, but warm and wonderful by all accounts (Me, I'd go to Sicily)
Jul 4th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Original Poster

Sicily sounds good to me, but our time and budget are very limited. Puglia would also be hard for us to get to. We are able to get to Rome or Milan for free, so I have been concentrating on areas near those places.

I am going to post a new thread, asking about the areas that we have narrowed our free transportation connections to.

Thanks a million, and by the way, what area in the Marches do you recommend for a sun and water vacation? I would love to know.

Search this Thread