Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

sensational seafood (raw bar) I lost your name. Please help.

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2002, 09:05 AM
rich

when in Paris about 3 yrs ago there was a super seafood restaurant I believe near the Bstille metro stop.Not Bofinger. They served a huge tiered tray of clams, oysters, the whole gamut of raw seafood. Wife & I had a 3 hour meal with wine for about $100 u.s. so much food that when another couple departed & saw our servings, she said to my wife, "courage madame". thanks anyone. or any other suggestions out there.

Old May 20th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Tracy

Hiya Rich -<BR><BR>Was it<BR><BR>http://www.lebarahuitres.com/us/index.html<BR><BR>Love their decor, too. Lotsa little shells pushed into the cement walls, gorgeous pattern . . . check the map at<BR><BR>http://www.lebarahuitres.com/us/restaurants.html<BR><BR>HTH! And slurp some Belons for me...

Old May 20th, 2002, 09:51 AM
kate

La Bar a Huitres is where we went a few times..loved it!<BR>although I must admit, I don't eat oysters or raw seafood,but the mussels were wonderful.They have a few locations,the one we liked was in the Latin Quarter,here are the addresses that I have if you need them:<BR>33 rue St Jacques(metrotMichel)<BR> /112 Blvd du Montparneasse(near Blvd Raspail)<BR>/33 Blvd Beaumarchais(near Pl de la Bastille<BR>Enjoy~

Old May 21st, 2002, 10:54 AM
rich

thank you for your help regarding Le bar a huitres. Tracy I appreciate the the info & site & map site but stupid me<BR>is having trouble bringing up their web site. Will certainly have some Belons for you. Kate thanks for the addresses. Foolish question. Is branch at 33 Beaumarchais at the Bastille metro.<BR>

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:02 AM
zarg

asked and answered