I am planning a two-week self-guided tour through the wine regions of Burgundy and the Rhone Valley in the beginning of August. I have been to Paris, Avignon and Provence before and have done all the typically "tourist" activities, so this trip is really all about food and wine. I have a decent knowledge base of French wine, but speak minimal French. I would really appreciate any recommendations on individual producers to visit (and if an appointment is required), restaurants with great wine lists, wine bars, and anything else you'd wish to relate! Below I am listing my itinerary:
3 nights in Paris
2 nights in Beaune
1 night Lyon
2 nights Chateauneuf du Pape
1 night Aix en Provence
I have already gathered a lot of info. from books, online and through this forum. Things I have already planned are:
Olivier's Table (Puligny Montrachet), Marche Aux Vins (Beaune), Chateau du Clos du Vougeot, and Chateau de Beaucastel (Chateauneuf du Pape).
I definitely want to visit more individual producers, so if anyone has information on anywhere specific, please help! I am particularly interested in recommendations for Chablis, Cote de Nuits, Cote de Beaune, Macon, Beaujolais, Condrieu, Tain L'Hermitage, Vacqueyras and Gigondas.
Thank you very much for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 2 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 3 Trans Siberian Train
- 4 Tips for first trip to UK
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Scotland ideas
- 7 land vs river cruise
- 8 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 9 London vacation rental agency
- 10 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 11 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 12 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 13 South of France
- 14 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 15 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 16 Traveling to Ukraine with a travel guide
- 17 My France Vacation
- 18 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 19 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 20 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 21 The 2017-18 Ashes thread - up now on the Aussie forum.
- 22 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Malaga Christmas lights
- 25 Pubs showing NFL football in London?