My family and i are planning a trip to Iceland in October 2015. Really appreciate if we could get some advice on self-driving in this beautiful country!
This is our first time embarking on a self-drive trip overseas! Was wondering whether it is recommended to use an apartment in Reyjavik as a base to explore the surrounding countryside? Is it practical to drive back to Reyjavik from our daily destination every evening?
Or is it better for us to book and stay at different places along our drive?
What are the recommended and fairly easy places/sights to drive to?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 4 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 8 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 9 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 10 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 11 Paris November 2017
- 12 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 13 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 14 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 15 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 16 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Current plan for March trip
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Spain in 2018
- 21 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 22 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 23 First time in Spain
- 24 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 25 Barcelona to Malaga