Seeking Tuscan Hotel Recco

Apr 3rd, 2002, 10:27 AM
Leigh

Seeking Tuscan Hotel Recco

Our plan now is to hire a car at the Florence train station. I think we're collectively leaning towards something more rural, farm-y perhaps, sort of that total Tuscany experience that I keep reading about in every guide book. Not sure we want to stay in the city proper of Sienna since we have the car and we can get in/out easily anyway.

SO asking for ANY hotel reccos from you: price is a consideration but we are seeking something memorable! Any ideas very welcome!!!!

Apr 3rd, 2002, 02:28 PM
Leigh

Did I mention 'reasonably priced' was a priority?

Apr 4th, 2002, 08:41 AM
topper

to the top.

Apr 4th, 2002, 12:17 PM
c

Try to repost with a better title. I thought you were looking for a place called Hotel Recco, a not recommendations for hotels you haven't yet heard of. (I don't even know whay I opened it, since I didn't know of a hotel by that name, but I think many people may not open it for that very reason.) also maybe indicate your preferences, e.g., western Tuscany, eastern Tuscany near Umbria.

Apr 4th, 2002, 12:29 PM
duh

I don't get it. Isn't that what she's asking for? Never heard of a Hotel Recco either -- is it supposed to be in the country somewhere near Sienna? I don't get what you are asking. You've picked that hotel or has it just been suggested to you?

Apr 4th, 2002, 12:32 PM
KT

What we have here is a problem with the American English language versus the British English language. Poor Leigh probably just doesn't know that a perfectly normal British slang version of "recommendation" is not recognized by most Americans.

Apr 4th, 2002, 05:03 PM
c

I think it was also the spelling with double "c" that made it look like a name and not like slang for recommendation, which I'd never heard.