Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Seeking advice on Paris rental agencies/websites

Jan 18th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Any advice on the following rental agencies in Paris or websites much appreciated. Please give any other suggestions, websites, etc. I am looking for a small studio/apartment in Paris (central desired) from about July-December this year for about 800-1200 euros a month. A place to cook and ability to have an Internet connection desired. Iíve perused the forums and some sites are a bit too pricey for my budget. If youíve used or had experience dealing with the following people/agencies, Iíd like to hear about it:

www.kudeta-home.com
www.homes-paris.com
www.furnishedparisapartments.com
www.myflatinparis.com
www.vacationresidences.com
www.apartment-living.com
www.parisattitude.com
www.paristay.com
www.odopohome.com

Iím also looking into vrbo.com. Has anyone rented the following: #37144,15500,73969,55202,51484,56248,78870.

Jan 18th, 2006, 07:36 AM

I'm sure you'll get lots of replies, but in the meantime, putting a web page, like "vrbo.com" into the search bar, brings up all the threads from people who have used it or responded to emails, sometimes you can start gathering critiques on particular agencies by doing that and seeing if anyone has applauded or slammed it in the past. that worked for me recently when planning some travel.
Jan 19th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tip on research. I emailed kudeta and got a quick response. They recommended two studios in the marais (picasso and vosges). Is the Marais a nice area to stay in Paris?

Jan 19th, 2006, 07:27 AM

cleo4: unfortunately, I am not up on Paris rentals, the last time I rented was ten years ago and on the left bank near Les Beaux Arts - however, this will top your request and maybe someone who knows will see -
however, there is a thread on paris rentals under europe if you put this in the search bar:
"So whats the deal with renting a Paris Apartment instead of a hotel? Where do I look?" - and I notice it recommends searching slowtravel.com for paris rental feedback on specific units and mentions the marais area in the post.

If you don't get any replies to this thread you might want to re-post with a title like "help: choosing rental in paris/ marais area questions" or something more specific and maybe someone will see it who has actual experience there ! Good luck!
Jan 19th, 2006, 07:51 AM

Yes, the Marais is a great place to live.

I had this website saved for a son of a friend who was looking for an inexpensive place to stay in Paris for a month. I read about it somewhere and bookmarked it,it looked and sounded good at the time, but other than that, I don't actually have any first hand info...it is one on your list.

http://www.opodohome.com/