We will be spending eight nights in Paris in May--a particular treat because my husband is Italian, we usually travel there, and our stay in Paris will be followed by a stressful week with my declining father-in-law in Genoa. We do not want to return to the hotel we stayed in in our last visit to Paris in 2000.
Can you help us find a new "home" in the City of Light? We would like to be either in St Germain des Prix, near to the Jardin du Luxumberg, or perhaps on one of the islands. I have stayed in the Marais and enjoyed it but prefer to be near parks when we travel in a major city. Our budget is 150 to 225 (MAYBE stretching to 250) euro a night. We are currently looking at Hotel Bonaparte, Hotel du Suede, Hotel des Deux Continent, and Hotel Odeon des Saint-Germain (more $$ than we would like to spend).
We would be grateful for suggestions. In Venice "our" hotel is the Pensione Accademia, in Rome, Hotel Due Torri, in Genoa, the City Hotel Best Western, in New York, the Hotel Beacon if that helps give some idea of our tastes--which are eclectic.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 2 My France Vacation
- 3 Is it hard to find a job in Nikolaev, Ukraine?
- 4 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 5 Advance tickets for Sagrada and Park Guell
- 6 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 9 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Greece during Easter week or August
- 12 Iceland driving in March
- 13 Northern Spain road trip
- 14 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 15 Help with Spain itinerary
- 16 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 17 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 18 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 19 Where to stay in Naples?
- 20 Driving
- 21 Malaga Christmas lights
- 22 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 23 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 24 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 25 Italy Croatia Bosnia