I am from India and wish to plan a trip to see the northern lights this winter.
We are in the intial stages of planning and need suggestions:
Time of travel : Sep to Dec 13 (can change based on suggestions)
Duration: 9 to 15 days.
No of people:2 adults.
Country: Norway/Sweden/Finland. [Alaska,Canada,Iceland etc are ruled out]
I have done some research based on which I need to know :
1)what places to choose in the above 3 countries ?
2)To reduce travel time, selecting 2 of the 3 countries might the best idea. If so, which two?
3)I have heard Norway is very expensive, is that so ?
4)Since I have no local contacts and shall be making all bookings from India, I have no idea what travel agents will be good in Norway/Sweden.
5) what should be the point of entry , if I travel from India?
I understand that spending 2 whole weeks doesnt really guarantee catching the northern lights. accepted . but would like to maximise my chnaces.
Also would like to visit a few local sights.
Please help me in planing my trip with your suggesstions ...
I shall continue with my research guided by your ideas...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [email protected] Contact 1:844:307:2790 VERIZON Tec*h supp0rt care 24/7
- 2 Paris Apartment
- 3 GTG Paris December 2017
- 4 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 5 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 6 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Barcelona to Malaga
- 9 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 10 Trains - website?
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Which Area in London?
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Best Restaurant Birmingham
- 16 family trip to Germany and more
- 17 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 Packing Champagne
- 20 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 21 Milan airport--which one
- 22 two days in Nice
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 25 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!