I'm an architecture student based out of Los Angeles. I am registered to study in Segovia, Spain with an exchange program through Woodbury University and the IE University in Spain. Set to begin September 2nd, 2013.
I went to the consulate with my visa letter and other documents in hand, naïve and unaware that I needed an appointment to see the Spanish Consulate. I checked for the soonest appointment day, and its not until September 13th! I have informed my school and the school in Spain, both deans while CC'ing everyone I've been in contact with at IEU Spain.
They are going to contact the consulate and try to get my appointment from Sep. 13th moved to an earlier date.
That's all I know for now.
So, a new question arises. I thought of the idea to obtain a second passport in order to travel to Spain as a tourist under my allowable 90 day period, while my study visa is being processed. I will have a notarized representative from my school or my mother attend my appointment for me, to turn in all the documents along with the second passport I will have.
Is this possible? Has this been done?
The one red flag I see is this, "applications will not be accepted less than 60 days prior to departure."
So, does this mean that because I have already departed to Spain, they wont take the application? Even under special circumstances such as this?
Ive done extensive amounts of research on the Visa process, NOW after I know I need an appointment...
Hopefully someone within this forum can assist me on this matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 2 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 First time in Spain
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Paris Apartment
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 two days in Nice
- 9 Milan airport--which one
- 10 New fast track
- 11 Packing Champagne
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 14 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 15 Once upon a time in Italy
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 18 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 london or amsterdam
- 21 Arthritis treatment (Lisbon)
- 22 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 23 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 24 14 days in Portugal with teens and Grandma
- 25 1 month destination for young family
Second Passport - One at the Consulate to process study visa while away