Secluded Beaches S. France/Cinque Terre

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello - My husband to be and I are at a loss over a 1-2 day hotel/stop for two parts of our trip. We need a hotel in the Cinque Terre region and one in between St. Tropez/Barcelona.

I would like for one of these hotels to be within close distance to a non-commercialized, secluded beach. I'm thinking one of those little inlets with crystal clear water, rocky coast, and a nice quiet beach to sit on. Any suggestions? I've been looking at Colliure, France as I heard there were similar beaches within driving distance but I've reached a google end. Any experience with Cap D'Agde or Argelès beaches? OR should we go deeper into Spain for a beach. We're heading to Barcelona so something in between.

It's our honeymoon so I really want one of those take your breath away beach settings. We will have a car and the trip is mid-late May. We're 30 something and want the best hotel -I'll worry about the credit card bill later.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 08:21 AM

There is only one secluded beach in the Cinque Terre (aside from the small crowded beach in Monterosso there is not much of a beach to speak of in any of the towns) and it is a good hike from either Vernazza or Corniglia. If you want secluded, I would head further south to Tellaro.

For more visit www.kidscantravel.com.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Original Poster

Hmmm... this would explain why I'm having trouble finding one right

Any one with suggestions for a great beach between St. Tropez and Barcelona?
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 11:11 AM

From Argeles towards Collioure you can find a few nice secluded beaches but mostly it will be stone. This can be walked from La Racou with direction to Collioure.

From Port Vendres until Banyuls has a few very secluded beaches. Certainly a few people know about the beaches but they're not too crowded.

Continuing along the coast and further into Spain you'll find more small beaches like you're searching.

My best choice would be get a nice hotel in Collioure and use the local beaches. They're seldom crowded. Plus, you get to use the lovely village of Collioure itself.

Blackduff
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM

I would just stop in Collioure, too, though I've never seen anything resembling a secluded beach in that area. Lovely town for honeymooners, though.

You do realize that in mid-May you'll freeze your b***s off in the Med, I hope. Actually, most of the beaches may be fairly secluded that time of year since there's a good chance it will be too cold for sunbathing, and certainly for swimming, unless you're members of the Polar Bear Club. I can barely get waist deep in the northern Med in mid-July!
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 12:16 PM

What about St. Tropez? Its beaches, Pamplonne and Tahiti, for example, have gorgeous "chi chi" hotels on the water; the beaches are like "white sugar" and the penninsula is great fun. (In my opinion, at least off season.)
Not on a beach, but right on the Harbor in St. Tropez was an interesting hotel, "Le Sube". It may be noisy and loud, or it may be "happening" sort of place.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 06:05 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all your input.

Blackduff/StCirq can you recommend any hotels in Collioure?
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 07:20 AM

Hotel-Casa Pairal
That's certainly a good hotel and the location is perfect.

There's another hotel would be Hôtel La Frégate. This also gives some of the best food in Collioure in this hotel. This hotel bags of ambience.

Enjoy

Blackduff