Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Seating Chart - Mamma Mia at the Prince Edward Theatre, London

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Burta

Thanks to you knowledgeable Fodorites, I've tried an on-line booking agency and have found available seats for this show on the day I want two weeks from now. What is the difference between "dress circle" and "stalls", both offered at the same price?

Old Nov 30th, 2000, 09:42 PM
Angela

Burta <BR> <BR>Stalls seats are in the main body of the theatre on the ground floor level (I think US readers would call this first floor). Dress circle seats are balcony seats. The best seats are usually the front few rows of the dress circle and certain seats in the stalls. I always prefer to sit in the front of the dress circle for an unrestricted view. <BR>Angela

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 07:47 AM
Jill

Dress Circle is the Mezzanine I believe NOT the balcony. Stalls are the Orchestra. The balcony is the balcony.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 08:23 AM
ron

We are getting closer to getting it right. A 3 level theatre would be stalls, dress circle and upper circle. If there is a 4th level it is the balcony.

Old Dec 1st, 2000, 09:17 AM
howard

You got it right, Ron. And, yes, the front of the dress circle would probably be the best (but this close to the performance, don't count on it!)