Seat Assignments British Airways

Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Seat Assignments British Airways

Altho I have reservations for a flight on BA in December, they will not assign seats until 23 hours before flight. I have tried everything with no luck. Traveling economy RT. Not via the phone, not via Manage My Booking on internet.
Any suggestions? Thomas
Oct 2nd, 2006, 05:49 AM

I'm afraid there's no way around it - you will need to log on 23 hours in advance. Is this going to be a problem?
Oct 2nd, 2006, 06:58 AM

That is the one and only thing I *hate* about British Air. It is very unnerving as I fear getting stuck in the middle. I have learned from being in exactly your situation in the past, and in the future will try to reserve over the telephone and not book a ticket without a seat reservation. Sorry I don't think there is anything you can do at this time, in your current situation.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:05 AM
Original Poster

To Kate and Suze: Thank you for your response. I was going batty trying to convince someone at BA to assign seats to us. And still am, altho I'm coming around to accepting the 23 hour before flight deal. What a horror to put on people and I fly to London almost every year with no problems. And.......it's my 35th year anniversary!!!!!
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:39 AM

I know that if you book a flight well enough in advance, you can reserve your seat, but BA shuts down the option a certain amount of time before the flight.

We flew on BA Montreal-London-Berlin and Amsterdam-London-Montreal in September. I bought our tickets in May and reserved seats for the Montreal-London and London-Montreal legs of the flight. When I went to see the seat assignments a month before we left, the option to change was no longer available. The seats I picked were the ones we got.

So I think it might depend on how far in advance you book the flight.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:56 AM

We also booked on BA for the Christmas holiday. I was not able to get seating assignment for the flight out but did get the seat assigned for coming home.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 11:10 AM

Nothing you can do. I tried and tried to book seats this summer. Got my husband's PA on the job as well. Even the day before....nothing. I was flying with three kids in WTP and wanted to make sure we were together. Tried every trick. Imagine my happiness when I checked in and was handed four business class boarding passes.............good things come to those who wait....sometimes
Oct 2nd, 2006, 12:48 PM

As you've figured out..depends on how far out you book. I booked back in June for a flight in September and had no trouble getting assigned seats.

Good luck.
Oct 2nd, 2006, 01:28 PM

Highledge, what luck! May I ask where you were flying from and to?