Seasonal Airfare to France

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 09:23 AM
sparklegem

Seasonal Airfare to France

Hoping to find out how much airfare fluctuates during the year. Trying to plan a trip to France from Portland, Oregon and wondered how much more we would pay to travel in summer or at spring break (march) versus traveling in January. Looking at RT prices of around $600 for January 2003.

Thank you!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:45 AM
Karen

Try a search on the major travel sites - travelocity.com or expedia.com, for example. On travelocity.com, Portland to Paris in January is about $526 right now.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:04 PM
Billy

Going through AA's vacation package desks you can get it around $400-$500
www.aavacations.com

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 12:14 PM
xxx

Billy, I'm confused. I've poured over the aavacations site, and other than last minute deals I can't find anything that includes airfare. Their vacation packages do not normally include airfare. Where did you find information that they will give you a summer flight from Portland to France for $400 to $500?

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 01:05 PM
sparklegem

Does anyone know how winter airfare compairs to summer (to France)? How about March (spring break)?
Thank you!

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 06:31 PM
nancy

While checking airfares last year beginning in February (Travelocity allowed a continuous check for about 3 months) and wanting to go in May the difference from winter to spring rose about $300. I booked with my travel agent ultimately as she got the best price from the West Coast (specifically Orange Co to Paris).

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Amy

I just got spring break airfare for $424 on Air France.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 07:32 AM
Billy

You can buy the aavacations packages land only, or include airfare. They're an airline, so believe me, they're looking for a way to sale you a ticket I've booked a lot of vacations through them to get their package air.

Go back to www.aavacations.com and pick out a hotel you're interested in. Select the number of nights and ask for a price quote. At some point, it'll pop up a dialog asking for originating city, dates, etc. Once everything is input, it will give you a price quote. Knowing the base price of the hotel, you can back that out of the quote to get the air price.
One note, the min hotel stay is 2 days, however the trip duration (e.g. the flights) can be longer (you can't do it this way on the web site though) I've done this numerous times when I'm staying with friends or just prefer a hotel they don't list. I'll stay the min at their hotel, and then move.

You can also call them at 1-800-321-2121.