Searching for (really) short-term apts. in Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Five of us will be traveling in Italy and would like to stay in apartements instead of hotels. Problem: Most of the apts. I've found require a minimum of one week for a rental. We're interested in 3-4 days. Any ideas?

We'll probablyt be staying in Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre and maybe Siena.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:24 PM
rex

I believe that there are some properties rented through www.domani-usa.com for shorter periods. Don't restrict yourself to browsing through the website. Pick up the phone and give a call. You might even ask the owener (larry Haase) to make a recommendation. Feel free to say that I said hello.

Best wishes,

Rex Bickers
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:45 PM

I was also considering apartments for short stays and found some for 3-4 nights in Rome.

Check this out. I found it to be very helpful and there are daily rate places.

http://www.slowtrav.com/italy/listings/favorites.htm
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Try www.sleepinitaly.com
They rent for that amount of time.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:32 PM

realrome.com also does as short as 3 nights, I believe.

We rented an apartment in Corniglia for 3 nights, but we just called the lady and I can't remember her name. Check guidebooks as well as slowtrav.com for that.
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 03:58 PM

We are renting from:
www.sleepinginflorence.com

A very nice and helpful woman named Gianna Galeota owns these apartments. We will be staying with her at the end of this month. Since it is off-season, I believe she will rent by the day. Email her at: [email protected]
Good luck!
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 09:21 PM

We rented a beautiful apartment in Rome through www.romepower.com
They have a great web site that immediately shows daily availability and price, as well as a wide selection and great photos, etc.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 06:08 AM

I can also highly recommend the San Lorenzo Apartments (www.sleepinginflorence.com) with Gianna Galeota. We rented from her a couple of years ago and were very pleased with everything. I think her minimum stay is three nights.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you. You've been most helpful. I'll explore all the possibilities.

BTW, I was able to locate this thread using the "search" option. Imagine that!
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 11:20 AM

Congratulations on finding the thread! (And I'm not being nasty; the search function was out of operation for months!)

The easier way, though, is to click on your screen name; it will bring up all the threads that you have posted to.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Forgot all about that, Eloise. TY. Although the search function provides far more adventure.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:36 PM
rex

<<Congratulations on finding the thread! (And I'm not being nasty; the search function was out of operation for months!)

The easier way, though, is to click on your screen name; it will bring up all the threads that you have posted to.>>

======================================

This works for some registrants here, Eloise... by contrast, for someone like yourself (or me) that posts a dozen or more times a week... finding my own posts can be very frustrating if I have only a vague recollection of what words the thread contained (especially if it was months ago).

I think that I have launched all the campaigns in me that I feel up to (for a while at least)... do you wanna take up this as your own crusade?

Make it possible to search for BOTH screen_name and searchText <i><u>at the same time</u></i>...

Real world example, from your own postings...

Let's say you remember giving some advice about purchasing tickets at Termini (or something like that)...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...oise&amp;fid=2

provides one list...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgTopic...ni&amp;start=0

provides a different list...

It would be so helpful to be able to (Boolean) &quot;AND&quot; them together...

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...chText=Termini

E-mail this to [email protected] - - tell a certain &quot;KH&quot; that I sent you...

I really think they lack both imagination.. and real-world experience - - when it comes to thinking of ways to improve this forum.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 12:37 PM

Try Il Glicine Roma. I believe they may have some short term apartments.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:18 PM

In Rome, I think the Hotel Campo dei Fiori is, or has, apartments for very short stays.
I don't have a website, but I think it has been mentioned at www.tripadvisor.com
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 04:40 PM

Try www.RomeBy.com -- they have short-term apartment rentals.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 07:47 AM

Rex: Thanks, but no thanks! I don't think I want to -- or would be able to -- continue your campaign with the energy and concentration that you have given to it.

On occasion, though, when a newbie could obviously benefit from a helpful hint, I will give it, but I don't think I want to have to do it consistently and always.

I agree totally with you, though, that if the Fodor's people would concentrate less on banishing people and more on improving the utility of the forum, we would all benefit from it.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 07:52 AM
rex

Campaigning for &quot;AND&quot; searching (screen_name AND searchText) is not very likely to have much to do with how newbies use or perceive this forum. but it could have an effect on the ease with which veterans can provide answers... to those who come here seeking it.

&quot;We&quot; (all of us, not just the &quot;regulars&quot are the &quot;staff&quot; of this website. And commenting further on this matter seems very unwelcome here, lately.
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 08:20 AM

I stayed at Palazzo-Olivia near Piazza Navona. I believe there is a 4 nite minimum. Great apartment and location!
www.palazzo-olivia.it
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 02:00 PM

Eloise said: &quot;I agree totally with you, though, that if the Fodor's people would concentrate less on banishing people and more on improving the utility of the forum, we would all benefit from it.&quot;

when the editors banish someone for seeking out and posting information that corrects wrongly posted information, it is hard to believe they would care much about the methods of getting correct information -- whether by search or any other means. it is obvious that getting correct information to readers is no longer important here, in fact it is even discouraged as it is the same as calling anyone who posts incorrect information as being a &quot;liar&quot; to quote the banning editor.