Searching for an Apt. in Venice

Oct 16th, 2002, 02:44 PM
scott

Searching for an Apt. in Venice

I would appreciate any recommendations for a mid-priced apt./apt. hotel in the
San Marco area. View/Terrace are pluses. (Apologies if this posted twice in the same thread.)

Oct 17th, 2002, 07:57 PM
topper

ttt

Oct 17th, 2002, 09:16 PM
Mary

Not in San Marco - but we rented an apartment in dosoduro last November and it was fabulous. A copy of my trip report follows. Apartment in Dorsoduro, located between the Accademia and Guggenheim in a quiet residential location but still only 2 minutes from the Accademia vaporetto stop. We'd found this apartment after weeks of research on the internet and it is a real find. You're dealing directly with the owner - Lamberto Deho (rather than a distant and impersonal agency). He's a charming man (an architect & yachtsman) and is a delightful host. The apartment is above his home and office (so has excellent security) and it also means he's on hand for any problems. The apartment is quiet, modern and very light with a small well equipped kitchen area, great bathroom, living room, dining table and queen sized bed (phot on web site makes it look smaller than it is). There's heating and a ceiling fan. Absolutely ideal for 2 although you could sleep 4 (2 on the fold out sofa) if needed. At 1,400,000 lira per week it's a real bargain. You can look at the apartment at http://www.world-world.com/properties/it-foscarini.htm

Since then 4 friends of ours have stayed and all loved it.

Oct 18th, 2002, 03:21 AM
nancy

check out www.sleepinitaly.com
(I am using them for B&B in florence)
www.homebase-abroad. com
www.venice-rentals.com
www.italianitineraries.com
(I have used this company twice for roman apartments,
and have been very pleasaed. Don't know their Venice selection though)

Oct 22nd, 2002, 10:47 AM
Marty

Try Judith at Locanda Art Deco. She manages a great apartment off St. Samuele which we stayed at earlier this month. We paid 100 euros a night for six nights, and it was perfect! Ten minutes walk from St. Mark's.

Oct 23rd, 2002, 01:50 AM
Dina Gomez

Last August I spent 3 nights in Venice and I suggest you to book the hotel or the apartment near S.Marco. Locanda art deco's owner (Judith, who was very helpfull, has many nice flats and apartments) helpt me to find a place very close to S.Marco, and it was not expensive. Her e mail is [email protected]
Have a nice time!!! Dina Gomez Cancun Mexico

Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:21 PM
Steve the Guide

Good site for hotels & Apt.in Venice is www.1stvenicehotels.com