Reload this Page >

Sea Travel to Rhodes, Greece

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 07:10 PM
Charlie & Melanie

My husband and I will be traveling from the USA to Greece to attend a wedding and would very much like to travel from Rome or Athens to Rhodes by sea. We understand there is a ferry from Athens and something similar from Rome but cannot find any information on the internet. Any suggestions?

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 11:52 PM
Paulo

According to the gpt site <BR>http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp <BR> <BR>Till September 10th, there's a Dane Sea Lines ferry departing Piraeus port at 2pm. Routes are somewhat different depending on day of week. On Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays the ferry arrives in Rhodes at 7am next day; on Tuesdays at 7:55am and on Saturdays at 9am. On Wednesdays departure/arrival is at 7pm/8:25am. On Sundays there's no service. <BR> <BR>Till november 1st, there's a faster daily G. A. Ferries service departing at 4pm. Arrival times vary from 6:45am to 9:15am depending on day of week and month of travel. <BR> <BR>Schedules above should be used as a reference only ... things change quite a bit down there on short notice. <BR> <BR>Paulo

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 12:09 AM
fiona

I did a quick search using the search engine Ask Jeeves. Found a possible adddress for you- www.greecetravel.com/ferryboats <BR>If thats not suitable you should give Ask Jeeves a go for yourself- it should come up with something for you!!

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 12:11 AM
fiona

forgot to say- incase you didn't know the port in Athens is called Piraeus.

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 02:24 PM
fiona

to Charlie and melanie <BR>have you managed to solve your problem yet?