The B2B and DF are making a trip for Wedding Venues to Scotland next week! We added a couple of days to the itinerary as DF would like to get a glimpse of Belgium, Bruge and Ghent, in particular.
The wedding venues we've discussed seem to be in and around Edinburgh. We'll fly from Washington, DC to EDI, arrive early a.m. get out into the city that day, get out into the countryside the next few days with a car exploring the venues and meeting with some clergy.
By Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest, I should think we could take a flight to Bruge to spend a few days there exploring the city and then perhaps pick up a car.
I would appreciate your hotel recommendations in:
Edinburgh - DF appreciates a nicer hotel than I. I've slept in a very remote monastery in Bulgaria, I can do with less.
Bruge: Centrally located, nice.
I often do AutoEurope or car rentals.com for auto rentals.
Any suggestions on the easiest way to travel from Scotland to Bruge? Is there a reason to travel by car and take a ferry over?
Plus, what is your favorite thing to see or do in Edinburgh and area?
What is your must-see place in Belgium?
Restaurants would be fun to hear of? I am, of course, on a diet! But, DF is a foodie!
Obviously, by these base questions, Bruge just was added to the scheme late last night and I haven't done any research! All help is appreciated. I need to make my flight reservations today and may fly into Edi and out of Belgium.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BELKIN ROUTER Installation Contact 1800:681:7208 BELKIN Tec*h sup0rt care
- 2 Once upon a time in Italy
- 3 2 week May trip with kids
- 4 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 5 9 day trip to France
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 Sleep at Heathrow
- 8 Keukenhaf
- 9 Serious fire at Cameron House Hotel, Loch Lomond
- 10 Waze Navigation in Iteland? Or other?
- 11 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 12 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 13 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 14 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 15 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 16 Annecy or Talloires or other?
- 17 Rail vs. Plane
- 18 Arezzo - how much time?
- 19 European Christmas Markets Itinerary
- 20 Where to See Flamenco
- 21 Netherlands- Texel
- 22 ICELAND : EAST & NORTH
- 23 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 24 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 25 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
Scotland Wedding Planning, Added Belgium! Logistics help, Plz?