Reload this Page >

Scotland tourist board website

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 09:07 PM
Cat

Does anyone know if Scotland has an actual website (like Ireland has the Irish Tourist Board) where one can request a 'tourist' package sent to them. The one I got from the Irish Tourist Board was fantastic - it listed all the hotels and B&B's, and gave general information on Ireland. I would really like to get the same kind of package for Scotland, but don't know where to go to request one! Thanks!

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 12:46 AM
Steve

Hello Cat, <BR> <BR>Try:- <BR>www.visitbritain.com <BR> <BR>I'm sure there'll be links from there. <BR>

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 08:18 AM
Barbara

www.visitscotland.com

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Sheila

Actually the web site is <BR>www.holiday.scotland.net

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 08:44 AM
S

Woops. Sorry. No it isn't. It's been upgraded and Barbara is totally correct. <BR> <BR>Silly me!

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 09:26 AM
xxx

There are a number of tour agencies located along the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. I used Guide Friday earlier this month to book a tour to the Highlands and had great success.

Old Jan 28th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Joyce

the web site was of great interest. Sheila, I am still trying to fathom how <BR>rural Kilconquar is. It was a timeshare for a week,based on your comment before , we have now booked a B and B in Edinburgh for 3 days feeling this would be better to see that city and not have to travel in daily. I am still not sure how to best get from Edinburgh when we arrive from London, to Kilconquar. Thanks for any input. Joyce

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 11:19 AM
Sheila

I actually asked Tony Hughes this when I met him on Friday (yes, I went to Edinburgh and met him) His helpful suggestion was pony and trap. <BR> <BR>However, I've looked it up on the map (I didn't actually know precisely where it was you understand-helpfully it turns out to be roughly where I thought). <BR> <BR>It's about 15 miles from Kircaldy which is the nearest train station, so a taxi wouldn't kill you. It seems to be about 5 miles from Leven where I'm sure you can get abus to from Edinburgh; and it's about 2 mils from Elie, and I suspect you can get a bus there from Edinburgh. <BR> <BR>In danger of sounding patronising, but have you asked the timeshare people? I think they may have had to deal with this issue before..in fact, I suspect they will pick you up from the station. <BR> <BR>Much more importantly, has anyone taught you how to pronounce it yet?

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Vicki

I ordered a Scotland travel pack on the Scottish Tourist Board website www.2001toscotland.com and just got it in the mail. It has a great map a vacation planner book and a Scotland accomodation book that has tons of info on accomodation with prices and contact information. I just typed in my address and they sent it to me at no charge. It is wonderful! Good luck on planning your trip.