scotland- isle of skye in 2 days! help

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 06:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scotland- isle of skye in 2 days! help

I am trying to set up the best 2 nights in Skye. I am looking to do some walks in the Trotternish ridge area. Is there a full day walk that hits some touristy spots but also is a little secluded? Is there a B&B at the end of that walk?
Also, if we do this, are we missing out on the Cullins? Should we spend one night in Sligachan to hike a bit in the Cullins?
Will I be able to travel around easily without a car? Help, I am so confused!
erik

Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:56 PM

there is a bus service in skye that will take you from Kyleakin to Portree, but it's not very frequent and just rides along the A87. Still, the scenery is amazing.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 11:39 PM

Erik, don't even dream of climbing the cuillins in March unless you are an experienced winter conditions climber. I AM SERIOUS.

Trotternish is not much better if you are going up. I'm afraid that, whilst I can give you stuff on the Cullins and Glen Brittle, and even the Storr, I have nothing on Trotternish in the house.

The Slig is worth it for the crack, at least at the weekends. Buses Ok but not spectacular
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 03:27 AM

1. The Black Cuillin is the tops.
2. Whereas I nearly always find that Sheila has beaten me to saying what I was going to say, I find her comment a bit pessimistic this time. I agree with it completely about trying to do the Cuillin Ridge but I am sure you could do an enjoyable, stimulating walk from Sligachan and overlook Coruisk without doing a single top if the conditions are bad and you might well be able to reach one of the easier points of the ridge.
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 11:25 AM

Don't miss Kilt Rock. It would be easier to get around with a car, although we found some the single-track roads a little harrowing. We were there in March, though and there was not much traffic.

Skye is the most beautiful place I've ever been; you will love it!