Scotland in November

Oct 11th, 2019, 12:05 AM
Original Poster

Scotland in November

Hi, We are planning a trip to Scotland in mid November. We fly to Inverness from london and fly out from Edinburgh after a WEEK. We are a couple (48 yrs) . Please advise a suitable itinerary. Would be driving from Inverness.
Oct 11th, 2019, 12:22 AM

Interests; climbing, canoeing, golf, curling, bag pipe playing, whisky drinking? Give us a clue.
Oct 11th, 2019, 01:58 AM

You've chosen a time of the year when the weather could be inclement or horrendous. A lot of the places that would be open in the spring and summer will likely be closed due to lack of visitors. Inverness itself doesn't offer much and I think I'd find somewhere else to stay, if that's what you are thinking, maybe Grantown. However you may be very lucky and have a dry week weatherwise, so head for Skye and Mull for walking, ferry back from Mull to Oban and head for Callendar and on to Edinburgh.

There are myriad choices for a week, and this has been several of them.
Oct 11th, 2019, 03:28 AM
Original Poster

interested in enjoying the natural beauty of scotland. walks / drives / whisky .
Oct 11th, 2019, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by adit1971 View Post
interested in enjoying the natural beauty of scotland. walks / drives / whisky .

Then WHY in November? The weather could be semi decent but more likely not. And with the shorter days and chance of bad weather hiking could be completely off the books. The whisky is always good, the scenery only good if you can see it, and the hiking could be downright dangerous.

Visiting Scotland in November can be fine -- but you could also be hunkered down waiting for a storm to blow over. And with just a week you don't have the luxury of time to wait it out. There is no way to tell what the weather will be until a day or so before you arrive. In Nov. I'd avoid pre-planning the northern half of the country and concentrate on the cities (Edinburgh, Glasgow, maybe Stirling or St Andrews for a day trip). You might want to re-think this.

(Now, I have been to several parts of Scotland in Nov/Dec . . . however I was living in the UK and could change plans and cancel at the last minute if the weather was ghastly. When one is flying in that isn't usually an option)