Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Scotland Hotel Anxiety: Festival Foul-up?

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:13 AM
Judy

Hello all, I made reservations over 6 months ago for Tailors Hall Hotel in Edinburgh for 5 days of Festival week. Problem: I have e-mailed them twice to "reconfirm" my reservation, and have not received any type of response,,,,very nerve wracking.
Imagine arriving in Edinburgh during Festival, and finding us homeless! It is a very frightening concept IMO.
I have print outs of all our correspondence and did a CC hold. Short of calling them what else could I do? Ideas, thoughts?
Judy ;-/

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:19 AM
Sheila

Judy

email me at home with the details and I'll sort it out on the phone for you tonight.

I'll be home in 30 minutes

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:22 AM
kam

Sheila, you are just too nice! What a kind thing to do.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:23 AM
Judy

Sheila, thanks dear heart, I really appreciate it. Too bad, we won't be able to meet this time. Next year...in Scotland! Judy

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 11:27 AM
xx

Why DON'T you just call them? How difficult is that?

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:25 PM
Sheila

Just so you all sleep easy; it's sorted.

But for the cynics amongst us, it took 20 minutes; they've changed from central reservations, whose number I was given by directory enquiries, to local booking and getting that much information was pretty frustrating. I suspect Judy would prefer not to have been doing it on an international call rate

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 12:57 PM
Barbara

Sheila: That was very sweet of you. FYI, I call my mum & my siblings frequently. The rate from the US to UK is much cheaper than the UK to US. It only costs me 10cents per minute.

Old Jul 23rd, 2001, 01:18 PM
Judy

Dear Sheila, thank you so much. You are so very kind to help sort this out for me. And you more than welcome to any and all hospitality that this grateful Georgia girl can offer! Fodorites are the best of people.
I hope I may one return the favor, Sheila. Have a great time in France!
Judy