My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Scotland in May, 2015. My in-progress trip report is detailing my experiences there last May, and we are going to go to two of the places I visited at that time. We have purchased airline tickets and our hotels in Edinburgh and Jedburgh are reserved. Here is the itinerary so far:
May 17: Depart Ottawa
May 18: Arrive Edinburgh
May 19: Edinburgh
May 20: Edinburgh
May 21: Edinburgh -> Jedburgh
May 22: Jedburgh
May 23: Jedburgh -> ?
May 24: ?
May 25: ?
May 26: ?
May 27: ?
May 28: ? -> Edinburgh
May 29: Edinburgh
May 30: Edinburgh -> Ottawa
Obviously, the ?'s need to be filled in.
We have similar travel styles (thankfully), in that we prefer to spend at least two nights at each place. With that said, it looks like we have room for two more places. We'd like to visit Hadrian's Wall, but I don't know where to go for that.
We'd also prefer not to rent a car, so the places need to be reachable by bus or train.
Any suggestions? We like scenery and history, shopping is not high on our priority list.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 2 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1888~482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h sup0rt care 24/7
- 3 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 4 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 5 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 6 Wierd Europe map
- 7 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 8 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 9 Buchbinder Rental Car
- 10 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 11 Trains - website?
- 12 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 13 First time in Normandy & Brittany
- 14 Trenitalia - lost and found
- 15 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 16 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 17 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 18 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 19 Transportation in Brittany
- 20 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 21 Paris Apartment
- 22 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 23 Milan airport--which one
- 24 Which Area in London?
- 25 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG