My husband and I are going to be in Scotland in early September and are looking for some good hikes (walks? ) that combine a lot of things at once. Maybe something that combines mountains, lakes, waterfalls, and some ruins in one go of it. We're looking for day hikes with probably a max of 12 miles. We are experienced hikers as we live in the Rockies in the US so something that a bit of a challenge is not an issue, as long as it doesn't require actual rock climbing or other serious equipment.
We're going be in the regions of Trossachs, Cairngorms, and Skye, with little stops along the way between these areas. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 land vs river cruise
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 European honeymoon help needed
- 4 Portugal
- 5 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 6 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 7 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 8 Tips for first trip to UK
- 9 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 10 Where to stay in Naples?
- 11 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 14 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 15 Browsing Barcelona
- 16 Spain December/ January 2018/19
- 17 Malaga Christmas lights
- 18 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 19 Croatia in mid/late October
- 20 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 21 ROMA Pass inclusions. - 3 days in Rome
- 22 Help with Venice Trip?
- 23 Dubrovnik
- 24 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 25 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna