Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

scotland: anybody stayed at geddes house, green hall gallery, heath house?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2001, 10:26 PM
mari

my first choice for this region, knockomie, hasn't replied to my email queries. but i really want clean, private, w/ good food and nice scenery. anybody heard anything about these b&b's? thanks!

Old May 15th, 2001, 11:27 PM
Sheila

Mari <BR> <BR>Someone may know where you mean, but it would probably help if you gave a town, or even a county. <BR> <BR>Scotland is a country, you know, not a region

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:34 AM
mari

geddes house near nairn; green hall near craigellachie; heath house outside findhorn--what do you call this region (regions)?

Old May 16th, 2001, 01:48 AM
mari

forgot to tack on another question about a totally different region (sorry sheila, don't know the name of this either) just south of edinburgh. i've managed to get a confirmation at dalhousie castle and must decide between here and traquair house--and soon! i leave next week and everybody's asking for my credit card number. any help appreciated!

Old May 16th, 2001, 05:38 AM
pam

Mari, we just returned from a 10 day trip all over Scotland. Although I'm not familiar with any of the b & b's that you mention I can highly recommend the ratings that the Scottish Tourist Board uses- 1 to 4 stars. You can get their guide books at any of the visitor centers. We had no problem getting rooms w/o reservations last week (unfortunately probably due to the foot & mouth, tourist trade was way down).

Old May 16th, 2001, 06:39 AM
mari

pam-- <BR> <BR>that's a good idea. you made me realize i CAN afford to leave some nights unbooked and use a guide or tourist ofc for last-minute decisions. i was so intent on planning a 5-day route around scotland (w/ good food and after 4 days in edinburgh) that i forgot this. but i'd say my advance queries in edinburgh, tarbet, spean bridge, st andrews and so of edinburgh (region ard dalhousie) are meeting w/ success only abt 50% of the time, and the rest send apologies. looks like tourism is picking up (hope so anyway)!