Notices

Schnauzer leaving for France tomorrow

Old Jun 6th, 2010, 04:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schnauzer leaving for France tomorrow

Just to let you know I am leaving for Paris tomorrow Aussie time. I have five and a half weeks away which is starting to look like a long time!! The worst bit of today was putting the babes in kennels. The former (not so D)H was meant to look after them but then decided to go away himself at exactly the same time. At least he is back for the last 2.5 weeks which is something.

I am staying in an apartment in the 18th and have a week in England where I am going to catch up with JuliaT which will be great. We met last year at the GTG in Paris.
Speaking of which Gelatolover are you out there? Can we meet up?

If anyone is interested I will post another live report, but maybe not quite as detailed as last year - it did go on a bit!!

I will be by myself for half the time only because another aussie lady is joining me for the last bit, we are going to Normandy for three days at the end of the trip before returning through Copenhagen for two nights on the way home.

So if anyone is floating through Paris between 8th June - 8th July, let me know we can catch up if possible.

Stayed tuned for my first solo trip in this beautiful city. It didn't work its magic last time for us, thus the new single status!!! I am meeting up with a very old boyfriend from 35 years ago for a day, so that should be fun. At least I hope so, he is half french so that adds a bit to the excitement. (well for me it does anyway!!)
Schnauzer
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 06:20 AM

Hi Schnauzer, I just responded to your other thread. Will you be able to check email when you're in Paris? I'm in the process of finalizing restaurant reservations, etc. for our 10 days in Paris (6/25 - 7/5) - do you have a preference for what day you want to meet for coffee?

Wishing you all the magic that Paris has to offer!
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 06:31 AM

Hope you have a good journey and a wonderful time in Paris.

Looking forward to seeing you here in 3 weeks!
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Hi Gelato, sorry I checked the other thread, probably got the wrong one knowing me!!! I will check email and also Fodors. I will be in the UK (seeing JuliaT) when you arrive I get back on the evening of the 1st July. So after then is good for me. I leave on the 8th, so I don't mind which day, we can work it out.
You can contact me on [email protected]
See you soon,
Schnauzer
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:40 PM

AWWww! wish I were going. Have a wonderful time.
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 02:50 PM

Hi schnauzer, welcome to the rest of your life!
We will be three weeks behind you and don't think our paths will cross but I hope you have a wonderful time.Good luck with the Frenchman and remember, there is life after relationship break ups, time will help heal (as will Paris of course!)
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 03:03 PM

Awww schnauzer, I'm sorry it didn't work out with your (not so D)H. I remember your posts from Paris and really enjoyed them. Especially since I knew just where you were staying and could picture everything. I'm envious...5 1/2 weeks and a date with a Parisian...Ooh La La!! I will be waiting to live vicariously through you!!
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM

Bon voyage, schnauzer! I know you'll have a wonderful time. Don't worry too much about the schnauzers. The kennel will give them lots of treats. Please eat, drink, flirt, relax, study, learn, snooze, souze, and shop plenty on my behalf.
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 10:49 PM

I hope you have a wonderful time. It's a new life for you and I hope this is a great experience.
Old Jun 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
I think your live report might be just as long because you'll have more time to yourself.

The different impressions should be interesting between going with someone and going alone. No need to negotiate, nobody suddenly turning cranky... but yes, sometimes the feeling that it would be better if certain experiences could be shared.