I am travelling to Switzerland for a 5 day trip in April,2016. I would be travelling with my family of 3 which includes a 4 yr old kid.My high level itinerary is as follows:
1) DAY 1- Zurich to Lucerne by train- If time/weather permits visit Mt.Titlis- back to hotel
2) DAY2 - Boat trip from Lucerne to Meggen, visit Chapel Bridge,Swiss Transport Museum, local shopping, head back to hotel.
3) DAY3- Check out and head for Grindelwald. Take train via Luzern - Meiringen - Interlaken - Grindelwald (3.5 hrs scenic).
4) DAY 4- Mt.Jungfrau, head back to hotel
5) DAY 5 -Trummelbach Falls,Grindelwald First OR explore other options
6) DAY6 - End of tour- Head back from Grindelwald to Zurich Airport
My question on this thread is to get some suggestions about a scenic train journey which I can fit into my itinerary. As stated, on DAY3, I would be travelling from Lucerne to Grindelwald via train. However, I am not really sure if this journey would be scenic enough. Since, I am staying at Grindelwald for three days, I hope to add /adjust few more visits, but not really sure about where to go. Please advise.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 2 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 3 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 4 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 5 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 6 Help with Venice Trip?
- 7 Dubrovnik
- 8 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 9 Norte Dame light show!
- 10 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 11 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 12 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 13 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 10 Days in Austria
- 16 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 17 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 18 Greece in end October
- 19 Champagne Tours
- 20 GTG Paris December 2017
- 21 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 22 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 24 Le Marche Research Help
- 25 Lisbon neighborhoods